Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the bookish.
Topic this week: Top 10 books of 2011.
1. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead- I will pretty much love anything set in the VA world. Although, I missed Rose and Dimitri a lot I enjoyed being able to learn more about Sydney and the Alchemist and Jill.
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth- I absolutely loved this book to pieces. I loved the setting and the whole shebang with this book. After I read Enclave I thought I should give Dystopians a shot. So far I have enjoyed every book I've read since. I can't wait to read Insurgent in 2012.
3. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake- I loved the story , the writing, the characters. Everything about it was awesome. I think I loved Anna's Character the most. Believe it or not I had chills while reading. then again that could have been because I was sitting in an empty parking lot at 12 midnight reading it.
4. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- One of the more uniquely written books I've read this year. ( I loved it so much I got two copies. lol) No they were both gifts actually. I loved Juliette and Adam, and the whole Rogue like thing. :)
5. Where She Went by Gayle Forman- I loved reading If I Stay last year and this was no exception. I enjoyed reading things from Adams POV. I felt like I was on an emotional rollercoaster with him. Reuniting with Mia and all.
6. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar- Beautifully written book. If you're able to get your hands on a copy. Then you should definitely read it. :) (I know this was an older one, but still loved it)
7. The Day before by Lisa Schroeder- Another beautifully written book and this one is in verse form and takes place over a 24 hour period. Brings to light the question what if you had just one day.
8. Enclave by Ann Aguirre- One of the first Dystopians books I read that I actually enjoyed. It was a little hard to enjoy a few of the characters just for some of the stuff they did, but Deuce and Fade were definitely characters I did like.
9. Vegas Dazzle by Pam Langsam- Mobs, special abilities, what's not to love. I actually have two copies of this one as well which I was going to use for a giveaway, but as of right now all my books are packed so whenever they get unpacked will see. :)
10. Starcrossed: Perigee by Tracey lee Campbell- I'm not much for the aliens, but I adored this book. The adventure and characters. It definitely had the MIB feel to it.
Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous